Skip Navigation LinksHome » Educator Certification Division » Interstate Reciprocity

Interstate Reciprocity

Georgia is an active member of NASDTEC and has signed the Interstate Agreement with all other states and jurisdictions for all certificate types: teacher, administrator, service personnel and career/technical. In order for the Georgia Professional Standards Commission to issue a certificate based upon reciprocity for a professional certificate issued by another state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory, the Department of Defense Education (DoDEA), or the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS), the following documents must be submitted:

  1. A GaPSC Application for Certification;
  2. Verification of Lawful Presence documentation (includes the Affidavit);
  3. A copy of all professional certificates (valid or expired);
  4. A copy of official score reports for any content-based assessment required to obtain the professional certificate/s;
  5. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended if applicable. If your current last name is different than the name on the transcript please submit the transcript with your current name and social security number;
  6. Experience gained by out-of-state educators may now be used to exempt certain Special Georgia Requirements except the Standards of Conduct. An applicant must have earned between one and 3 full years of successful education experience within five years of the date of application. The out-of-state experience must be in the same field (subject area) as the certificate being requested. If you qualify for this exemption, you must submit a GaPSC Experience Verification Form completed by your previous out-of-state employing school system;
  7. $20.00 transaction fee payable by money order or cashier’s check to the State of Georgia or online through MyPSC; submission of the GaPSC Employer’s Assurance form completed by the Superintendent or Central Office designee at an employing Georgia school system/agency will exempt the transaction fee.

Additional information regarding reciprocity can be found at this link on our web site under Rule 505-2-.15 Certification by Interstate Reciprocity (.pdf) (requires Adobe Reader).

All forms are available on our website at