Filing a Complaint
- Write and sign a letter of complaint to the Commission. Include your mailing address and telephone number. The Commission will determine whether to investigate a complaint based on the contents of your letter. A copy of a letter to another individual or institution is not a complaint to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- State the educator's full name, mailing address, and telephone number, if known. Without a full name, knowing exactly which educator's behavior is in question is difficult.
- State the school district, county, or agency that employs the educator.
- Describe the specific behavior of the educator. Please limit your description to two pages.
- Mail the letter to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission – Educator Ethics Division, 200 Piedmont Avenue SE, Suite 1702 Atlanta, Georgia 30334-9032.
- The Commission considers complaints at its regular monthly meeting during the second week in every month.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Educator Ethics Division
200 Piedmont Avenue SE
Atlanta, GA 30334-9032
Hours of Operation
Normal business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
404-232-2700 - Metro Atlanta
800-537-5996 - Toll Free Outside Metro Atlanta Area
404-232-2720 - Fax Line
Individuals may contact the Ethics Division via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Shaw - Director of Educator Ethics, 404-232-2635
Kevin Shumake - Assistant Director of Educator Ethics, 404-232-2636
David Pumphrey - Chief Investigator, 404-232-2626
Tanis Miller - Legal Officer, 404-232-2595
Kimberly Anderson - Confidential Secretary, 404-232-2630
Nancy Teele - Paralegal, 404-232-2631
Bryan Kitt - Investigator, 404-232-2638
Judy Franklin - Investigator, 404-232-2641
Desiree Russell - Investigator, 404-232-2632
- Taylor Mullins - Investigator, 404-232-2582
- Gina Ahlberg - Investigator, 404-232-2633
- Paul Phillips - Investigator, 404-232-2634