Filing a Complaint
- Write and sign a letter of complaint to the Commission. Include your mailing address and telephone number. The Commission will determine whether to investigate a complaint based on the contents of your letter. A copy of a letter to another individual or institution is not a complaint to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- State the educator's full name, mailing address, and telephone number, if known. Without a full name, knowing exactly which educator's behavior is in question is difficult.
- State the school district, county, or agency that employs the educator.
- Describe the specific behavior of the educator. Please limit your description to two pages.
- Mail the letter to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission – Educator Ethics Division, 200 Piedmont Avenue SE, Suite 1716 Atlanta, Georgia 30334-9032.
- The Commission considers complaints at its regular monthly meeting during the second week in every month.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Educator Ethics Division
200 Piedmont Avenue SE
Atlanta, GA 30334-9032
Hours of Operation
Normal business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
404-232-2700 - Phone
404-232-2720 - Fax Line
Individuals may contact the Ethics Division via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurin Vonada - Director of Educator Ethics,
David Pumphrey - Assistant Director / Chief Investigator,
Kimberly Anderson - Confidential Secretary,
Nancy Teele - Chief Case Administrator (Acting),
Jennifer Cobb - Paralegal/Investigative Support,
Jasmine Hawkins - Administrative Assistant,
Gina Ahlberg - Lead Investigator,
John Grant - Investigator / Consultant,
Bryan Kitt - Investigator,
Josh Rambo - Investigator,
Bill Van Hoose - Investigator,
Paul Phillips - Investigator,
Vanessa Selewski - Investigator,
Lindsey Wisely - Investigator,
Michael Loudermilk - Investigator,