Induction Pathway 4 is for those individuals who are hired to begin teaching in a Georgia school before completing an educator preparation program. Qualifications include:
- GPA: A bachelor’s degree or higher. If your highest degree is a bachelor’s degree and it was earned less than 10 years prior to the date of application, you must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5. GaTAPP Providers may set the bar for a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher. All providers ensure that the average GPA of each enrolled cohort is 3.0 or higher;
- GACE Program Admission Assessment: Passing score on the GACE Program Admission Assessment, or exemption. GACE scores are transmitted electronically to the GaPSC, but an exemption must be documented by an official transcript reflecting a copy of an official score report for an eligible exam;
- Verification of Content Knowledge:
- A major or equivalent in the content of the teaching field; or
- A passing score Induction level or higher on the appropriate GACE content assessment. These scores are transmitted electronically to the GaPSC;
- The state-approved assessment of educator ethics shall be required of all Candidates admitted to initial teacher preparation programs:
- Candidates must take the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment – Program Entry (Test 350) prior to acceptance into the GaTAPP program;
- A passing score on the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment – Program Exit (Test 360) is required for program completion and certification. This score is transmitted electronically to the GaPSC.
- A passing score on a GaPSC-accepted pedagogy assessment (Teacher Performance Assessment: edTPA) will be required for program completion and conversion to any other Induction Pathway or a Professional certificate.