A. CANDIDATE SCREENING, SELECTION, AND PLACEMENT (GaTAPP Candidate Admission Requirements)
B. ORIENTATION AND INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING
- Instruction on the Essentials of Effective Teaching or equivalent;
- Individual assessment and verification of Candidate content background to determine appropriate planning, instruction, and coaching;
- Development of an Individualized Induction Plan (IIP)/ Professional Learning Plan for each Candidate, including scheduling of any required Georgia Special Requirement classes;
- Assignment of a Candidate Support Team (CST), including a school-based mentor, school-based administrator, and program supervisor with one of the members a content specialist or, if not, a content specialist must be added to the team;
- Completion of required GaPSC Candidate information form.
C. MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR OF MENTORING/COACHING INTERNSHIP/INDUCTION
- Intense mentoring and coaching by the CST;
- Candidates should expect seminars and/or other professional learning opportunities during the internship;
- Completion of course work required to meet Georgia Special Requirements including the identification and education of children and youth with special needs. The teaching of reading and writing (Elementary Education, Special Education, and Middle Grades) and the integration of technology in the classroom may be embedded in instruction or offered as separate courses;
- If a GACE® Content assessment is not required for program admission, a Professional score is required for completion of the program;
- Evidence of effective teaching performance submitted in a portfolio;
- Assessment by Candidate's support team, using Danielson's Framework for Teaching.
D. IF A SECOND OR THIRD YEAR OF INTERNSHIP/INDUCTION IS RECOMMENDED:
- Continued mentoring/coaching and assessment by Candidate's support team;
- Completion of any remaining required course work for the Georgia Special Requirements;
- Completion of the portfolio and evaluation by the Candidate’s support team using Danielson's Framework for Teaching;
- Successful completion of GACE® Content Assessment.
Best wishes on your GaTAPP journey!