Steve Barkley is a highly respected educational consultant, coach, and partner in transformational initiatives both nationally and world-wide.
Alternative video link: Click here
for MP4 (148.9 MB)
Guiding questions for discussion and reflection of the major concepts in the video.
- How does Steve explain the role of student behaviors in student achievement?
- In a classroom observation, what are some of the key indicators that students are learning?
- How would the school leader recognize if in the Professional Learning Community, the model is operating as a Franchise or a Team?
- What are key criteria for identifying teacher leaders have the greatest propensity for modeling behaviors leading to teams of trust?
- Who goes FIRST in the implementation of Learning Communities and what does “going first” mean?
- Who must change in order for students to learn and achieve at a higher level?
- How are those changes in behavior supported?
- Why is it important to include in the plan when to celebrate/reinforce behaviors and when to address concerns and redirect?
- How does the example given for the math goals fit the student learning backward process model?