Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy
For a Non-Traditional Educator Preparation program leading to Clear Renewable certification for the general education teacher or a Technical Specialist certificate for the Career, Technical and Agricultural teacher (See Teacher-Candidate Checkpoints
Designed for individuals who:
- Wish to transition into teaching from another career path;
- Did not complete a teacher education program; and
- Has never held a clear and renewable teaching certificate.
Approved to place Highly Qualified teachers in Georgia’s classrooms:
- Candidates have a major or its equivalent in the teaching field
- Candidates employed by a Georgia accredited school system and accepted into a GaPSC approved Educator Preparation program with an intense induction component
Timeframe for Completion:
- At least one academic school year (two semesters that must include the beginning of a school year)
- No more than three years from date of entry
Framework for the Program:
- Candidate Support Team trained in Coaching Standards and GaTAPP Assessments
- School-based Administrator
- School-based Mentor
- Provider Supervisor
- Content Specialist (May be dual role for existing member)
- Individualized based on Candidate Performance Assessment Data
- Job-embedded Clinical Practice
Georgia Professional Standards Commission Approved Providers:
- Reviewed and approved by the same process as all Educator Preparation Programs in Georgia;
- Meet the Georgia Standards for the Approval of Professional Education Units and Educator Preparation Programs (Georgia Standards 2008);
- Operate programs at the Provider level.
For specific entry and exit requirements, access the Provider in the area where you plan to teach.
» GaTAPP providers
* Please note that all applicants are not selected for program consideration. The Georgia Professional Standards Commission develops the standards for education preparation programs and approves program providers. GaPSC does not select GaTAPP candidates nor intervene in the operation of the programs as long as the program provider is meeting Georgia Standards for the Approval of Professional Education Units and Educator Preparation Programs (2008). Selection of GaTAPP candidates is determined by program providers. If you are selected for GaTAPP consideration, a GaTAPP program provider representative will contact you with further instructions/details. Please be patient during the selection process. Teachers are often hired after the school begins in the fall.
Best wishes on your GaTAPP journey!